I will start of by saying that I have had cats, been around many cats growing up, and interned at a vet clinic so I have been around the many personalities of cats.
1. When my kids are hungry they make constant noise/whine about food, until they receive something. Many cats act the same way, when I had Dinky would chirp until I put food in his bowl.
2. When my kids are sleepy they will crash anywhere and everywhere. I’m surprised that they are actually comfortable is some positions. As the internet has shown the world cats are very similar.
3. Laser pens. If you never tried it with your kids, DO IT!
4. My kids make messes, as all kids do but they don’t clean up unless told or scolded. Cats make messes and don’t care, don’t think they will ever clean up.
5. When my kids want snuggles or cuddles, they take it. Doesn’t matter where I am or what I am doing, they will be in my personal bubble. Cats only cuddle when they want it, not the other way around. (As I type my bubble is so longer mine.)
6. Sometimes they sit for a movie, and on rare occasions they actually watch the whole movie. Cats will zone out on a dust fluff in the air, Dinky did this once for an hour. I know because that’s how ling I watched him do it.
7. Potty training, teaching your kids to hold it long enough till the toilet is always a ‘fun’ milestone, but when they master potty training best thing in the world. Cats and litter boxes pretty much same thing, unless your cat came potty trained or magically like Dinky knew what the litter box was for.
8. Kids and cats don’t care what it is you have they must have it or be between you and your item. Be it a book, phone, or my personal favorite morning coffee. To this day I only fill my largest cup 2/3 of the way up.
9. Trailing off of 8 sticking their hand in everything, my kids can not look with their eyes always their hands. Which has led to many messy clean ups. I have know ten cats who have stuck their paws into anything and everything. My cat Dinky was not allowed near fish tanks or cup with liquids.
10. The ability to fit into spaces that they should not fit, which usually involved rescuing of some sort. My kids got stuck between their beds and walls many time, or my personal favorite: stuck in a sleeve which they thought was the neck hole. Dinky has been rescued from under the house when he fell through a hole that was for the new stove to hook up to.
11. Clean warm laundry. Kids and cats are like magnets to the warm soft bundle of comfort. But sometimes when it’s a blanket we all cuddle under it, by we I mean I catch them in my ghostly warm cover and they love it.
I’m sure there are many many more ways kids and cats are the same, but I’ve been blogging for a bit and my kids are quite, fingers crossed nothing is broken or spilled. Happy reading!